By Ted Dunning,Ellen Friedman
More and extra data-driven businesses want to undertake flow processing and streaming analytics. With this concise book, you’ll examine most sensible practices for designing a competent structure that helps this rising big-data paradigm.
Authors Ted Dunning and Ellen Friedman (Real global Hadoop) assist you discover the very best applied sciences to deal with flow processing and analytics, with a spotlight at the upstream queuing or message-passing layer. to demonstrate the effectiveness of those applied sciences, this e-book additionally contains particular use cases.
Ideal for builders and non-technical humans alike, this e-book describes:
- Key components in solid layout for streaming analytics, concentrating on the fundamental features of the messaging layer
- New messaging applied sciences, together with Apache Kafka and MapR Streams, with hyperlinks to pattern code
- Technology offerings for streaming analytics: Apache Spark Streaming, Apache Flink, Apache typhoon, and Apache Apex
- How stream-based architectures are valuable to aid microservices
- Specific use circumstances corresponding to fraud detection and geo-distributed information streams
Ted Dunning is leader functions Architect at MapR applied sciences, and energetic within the open resource group. He at the moment serves as vice president for Incubator on the Apache origin, as a champion and mentor for quite a few initiatives, and as committer and PMC member of the Apache ZooKeeper and Drill tasks. Ted is on Twitter as @ted_dunning.
Ellen Friedman, a committer for the Apache Drill and Apache Mahout tasks, is a strategies advisor and famous speaker and writer, at present writing in most cases approximately large info subject matters. With a PhD in Biochemistry, she has years of expertise as a learn scientist and has written a couple of number of technical themes. Ellen is on Twitter as @Ellen_Friedman.